Internet Access From Mobile Phones
The use of mobile phones for Internet access continues to grow. More consumers and business travelers use their iPhone or smart phone to have access to internet. Here are some interesting statistics that highlight the need for the mobile Internet site:
- U.S. mobile penetration will be 94% or 291m users by 2010. (Source: eMarketer, May 2009)
- Total mobile advertisements are expected to reach $ 593M in 2010 and Mobile Search is expected to grow at a CAGR of 58.6% in 2008 and 2013 (source: eMarketer, Sep 2009)
- 67% of passengers, and 77% of business travelers often use their Web-enabled mobile devices to find local services (eg housing) and attractions
Why Do You Need A Mobile Site?
Standard Desktop site may not be too heavy to download on mobile phones. The main features of mobile sites are: fast charging time, ease movement, and has a limited content so as to browse easily on a mobile phone's screen. Mobile sites are particularly important for travelers and hotels on the road is more likely to search for hotels on mobile phones.
Key Features Of Mobile Hotels e-marketing Website
- Fast download time
- A simple user interface and navigation
- Easy access to popular content
- Housing, food, promotions, services
- Easy one-click access to the most requested features
- Click on the address and get directions from Google Map
- A click to call the phone number for reservations
- Photo Gallery
- Multiple design provisions
- Site with multiple tabs;
- A page with easy scrolling
- Consumers are automatically directed to the mobile site when the site of the hotel is accessible from a mobile phone.
- Optional Promotion for mobile website